Tuesday, December 9

Preparing for Nativity: Day Nine...


Today was spent trying to get the window of my oven door clean. I have no idea what is on it, but it is gross. I have tried using the self-clean feature on the oven, water and soap, Comet, Magic Eraser, and special oven cleaner. It is only a little better than how it looks in this picture. Any tips?

After I put the little ones to bed, I am going to be cleaning the whole downstairs. I did that last week and was able to clean everything and watch some tv while doing it in half the time it takes me to clean with the babies underfoot. I do like to clean with the children so that they are learning to work with me. However, with all that is going on this month it is easier to do it myself while they are sleeping.

I am feeling a little sad tonight, because we cannot find our little Nativity dolls. I have a terrible feeling that a little person put them in the bathroom trash can yesterday and I tossed them just in time for the garbage truck. Sigh.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, I can't bear to think those lovely dolls are gone for good! Keep us posted.

Something's lost and can't be found
Please, St. Anthony, look around.

faerieeva said...

Awww... I am so sorry to hear about the dolls. I was about to sugest St. Anthony too.
I am looking up the recipe for the special spices I use in my Saint Nicholas cookie. I buy the blend in Belgium, but I know there is a recipe for them somewhere. Now I just need to find them again.

Agape said...

Try Dawn- it's great on grease and a brillo pad with hot water. Sorry about the doll, that's a bummer. Ask St. Phanourious to help you find it.

Pres. Kathy said...

I hate cleaning the oven, so I can;t help in that. May St. Phanourios help you find the dolls. God bless!

Michelle said...

Oh no! I hope they turn up! When I had to clean the oven in my rental before we moved, I used easy off. I left it on overnight, and then used paper towels, then a magic eraser to scrub. It was not "brand new" looking, but it was pretty darn good!

Matushka said...

Ahhh! Yes, little things have gone missing in our house before too! You will more than likely find them. In about six months when you are doing a deep clean you will find them stuffed in some strange place and laugh.

M.Michelle

Matushka Anna said...

You might try Dirtex. I was having a terrible time cleaning our kitchen cabinets which had probably not been cleaned since the house was built over 30 years ago. My mother found Dirtex at Ace Hardware. It's amazing. You can vary the strength (it's powdered - just add water) to match the job.

Bethany Hudson said...

Does your oven auto-clean? That's the only way I've managed to get some really awful grease stains off my oven door.
~Bethany

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...