Friday, February 20

Yarrow Bloom Audrey...



My first Audrey Hat is complete!  I decided to only do three repeats of the body rather than four once I tried it on.  I love how it fits and it will be great to wear this cozy hat with the cold front that is moving in tonight. 

Here are some of my notes:  I was following along with Amanda's first Hat Along on Fringe.  The pattern was very easy to follow.  It took me three days to complete!  I used Madeline Tosh DK in the Yarrow Bloom colorway.  Though the pattern called for size 6 needles, I went with size 5s for two reasons:  I have a small head and apparently don't own size 6 needles with a 16" cord!  The 5s worked perfectly for a hat that is roomy but not falling down over my eyes.


4 comments:

Joy said...

Beautiful! The hat and the matushka. ;-)

elizabeth said...

I am so not used to seeing your face in print! very nice hat and lovely picture. :) way to improvise with the needles and pattern!

Athena said...

Oh, you look lovely and I love the hat!
I wish I could learn how to knit, it jut seems so hard! But I think I might ask my mother in law to try and teach me at some point...

Xenia Kathryn said...

It's you! So lovely! The hat is very nice too :D Stay warm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...