Monday, January 19

The Long Weekend...




Our weekend started out really well with an art class at a local museum and a little bit of Shakespeare's The Tempest re-imagined as a puppet show, but ended rather badly with a bout of the stomach 'flu for our littlest (it seems to be over now).  Everyone else has remained healthy so far...  I hope that it stays that way.  

Just before bed tonight, we smushed onto the couch all together and watched Dr. Martin Luther King's I Have a Dream Speech.  Our older children were really interested in it and had a lot of questions and observations.  It really is an amazing speech that gave me goosebumps.  We plan on taking the children to The March for Life this year and hope to walk over to the Lincoln Memorial afterward.  Visiting that great monument after watching the clips from The March on Washington and marching for Life ourselves will make it that much more poignant.

Father John and I are going to watch Grantchester together now.  To be honest, I'll watch and he will probably doze.  Have you seen it?

:::::

Before I forget, we borrowed The Tempest from the library the day before seeing the puppet show and the illustrations are really gorgeous.  The illustrator, Gennady Spirin, goes to my father's church on occasion.  I was glad that we read it prior to seeing the puppet show because knowing the details of the play made things really enjoyable for our little ones.

        

4 comments:

Emily H. said...

Gennady Spirin is a great illustrator! I have The Tale of the Firebird with illustrations by him! My kids love looking at all the pictures!

elizabeth said...

hope everyone has a good week and no more illness! sounds like some really nice things were done!

Laura said...

Ugh, so sorry you've had sickness! My oldest threw up at church on Sunday. He seems to be better now, too, and so far no one else has caught it. I think if all is well tomorrow I'll declare an "all clear."

Your activities sound delightful.

Unknown said...

Delicious weekend recipes. aloe vera face cream in online shopping

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...