Wednesday, December 17

Yarn Along: Fragrant Honey...


While we were on our little week-long adventure last week, my sister and I took turns browsing in a local-to-our-parents yarn shop.  They had loads of Madeline Tosh and Kate was get three skeins of DK weight yarn in the Fragrant colorway.  I love knitting cowls, so when she offered to knit up the yoke on my son's sweater in exchange for me knitting a Honey Cowl for her, I said yes!

I'm using the notes that I took for my extra large Honey Cowl last autumn and am hoping to have this pretty pink one done by December 29th (the day of our extended family's Christmas party.  I'm already about four and half inches in (one skein's worth) and so I think that finishing it just might be do-able!

I've been reading Evening Class and just wrapped that up last night.  Now I'll start reading all of the Christmas books I have!  I think that I'll start with The Lion in the Box.  The children and I just read Something for Christmas and thought that it was very sweet!

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

how lovely! (and your extended family get together is on my birthday this year, yay! :) )... how great about the cowl! that local yarn shop is great, hey? They are great with help too, when I am around there I often have a question or two and they always answer without hurry...

Donna said...

Madeline Tosh? Say no more - it will be beautiful when it's finished. What a lucky find.

Nancy McCarroll said...

If you know of any angels in the Renaissance era in the form of a needlepoint or knitting kit, I'd love to hear from you. I am joining in with Ginny, too.

Your profile sounds very interesting, and you likely come across Byzentine types of art, so that is why I asked the previous question.

Have a blessed Season!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...