Friday, November 21

Warmth...




I found a folder full of photos that I took during our first Thanksgiving feast with my husband's side of the family at the beginning of this month.  Actually, the ones I am posting here are from the day after...  once all the work was done and I could put my feet up for a bit.  I remember sitting on the porch swing with that slice of leftover pie, watching the trio race around on their various wheeled things (bikes and roller blades) in the warm sun.  Bliss. 

Now that the November chill is here, I have to be moving around to stay warm when we go outside.  Raking is a good activity to get the blood pumping, and so is stacking wood.  Our first load of firewood is about half gone now and I'll probably need to call up the woodcutter after Thanksgiving to request another delivery.  It's kind of exciting to wait for the truck to come racing up the drive, watch it tip it's bed full of wood onto the ground, and then work all together taming the wild mound into a neat stack of wood on the porch.  

I've placed an order for one of Little Man's Namesday gifts and another for the presents we'll give the children for Saint Nicholas Day.  I can't wait!    

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I love your descriptions! and photos! :) St. Nicholas day... I am hoping to get baking next week for this (and freeze the cookies till nearer to the day!)

Michelle M. said...

The photos are beautiful. Your home is in such a peaceful spot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...