Sunday, November 2

Thanksgiving, Part One...


I have three or four dried hydrangea blooms and have been pairing them with dried grasses, crepe myrtle branches, and other bits of foliage gleaned from around the church property.  For the past few weeks this vase has adorned our nature table, but I thought to freshen it up and move it to our dining room table as the centerpiece for our Thanksgiving feast today.  It was nice to see the table dressed up and filled with so many place settings we needed a children's table for the first time!

Every year, I feel like our little early Thanksgiving tradition gets better.  Now that we have been doing it for so long (nine years!), it feels so happy and comfortable when we are all together.  I love my in-laws very much and am so happy that we can all spend time together regularly.  I am very thankful that they are so easygoing and let us hold the party early for this side of the family so that my sisters-in-law and I can have Thanksgiving with our other families, too! 

The kitchen is almost back to normal.  I have the turkey pan soaking in the sink and a big pot of turkey stock simmering on the stove.  November weather seems like it is really here - blustery, overcast days with the leaves swirling down around us as we get in our daily dose of fresh air - so I think that soup will be just right for some of our meals.  I'm hoping to get in a Thanksgiving Sandwich tomorrow (turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing on white bread) before all of the leftovers are gobbled up.  Oh, and there's still pie!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

so nice! the table looks beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...