Wednesday, January 1

Yarn Along: I'm the Boss...


My husband very nicely ordered three skeins of Madeline Tosh in Antler as part of my Christmas gift this year and I have been enjoying it so much!  I printed out the pattern for a Riverbank Cowl after hemming and hawing over it for awhile.  I really liked the texture of the cowl, but I wasn't crazy about all of the ribbing on either end.  It finally dawned on me that I was the boss of my own knitting and could change it!  I went with five rows of ribbing and to make up for it, I will be repeating the textured part of the pattern three times instead of twice.  I love it so far!

I finished Joy in the Morning the other night and then spent a little time reading through the end notes on Betty Smith's life which were fascinating to me.  I think that I will get Maggie Now to read soon...  I don't think that I ever have before.  In the interim, I've picked up No Holly For Miss Quinn, the first Miss Read book I ever read.  It is such a nice Christmas story!

What are you reading and knitting?

9 comments:

Serena said...

That cowl looks lovely, Antler is such a soft, wintery color, perfect for this time of year. Happy New Year!

Reinventing Mother said...

It has taken me years to figure out as you that I am the boss of my knitting! Please keep reminding me!

Love Mad Tosh. I live about 15 minutes from her store. Always tempting to pop in.

elizabeth said...

yay! fun! I bet you are so glad to have yarn again!!! :) I am trying to figure out a super simple cowl to do soon... if you have any suggestions, I am all ears :)

LauraLillyLaura said...

What a great idea, I like the cowl but a little less ribbing might just be the ticket. Glad you embraced your bossy side, I need to do that sometimes.

CathieJ said...

For the longest time I was a stickler about sticking to a pattern as written sometimes with less than satisfactory results. I have since liberated myself and am my own boss. Glad you found your own creativity.

Christine N said...

You have a well trained husband. Haha!

justamouse said...

You're the boss of you knitting, I love it! I learned that lesson recently, also, but I love how you put that.

Anonymous said...

Love the color and pattern of that cowl! I lean toward the natural colors anyway! What a great xmas present! I am trying to finish a pair of gloves for myself....and reading the Johnny's seed catalog for inspiration!
-Margot

Courtney said...

I just finished re-rearing Maggie-Now on Wednesday! It left me feeling kind of low. Let me know when you read it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...