Tuesday, November 6

Yarn Along: Be Loving No. 3...

It looks like I have accomplished nothing!  I did finish my Be Loving Hat last week (while watching Sense and Sensibility!) and cast on to my third and final gray one.  I am hoping that it fits my littlest, but I am not sure that he'll wear it.  For weeks and weeks, he has been wearing an engineer hat from our dress-up box everywhere (and I mean everywhere...  to bed, in the bath, to play.  We draw the line at church, but even there he clutches it in his arms!).  I am hoping to finish this one off soon so that I can cast on for a requested hand-knit.  My husband would like a hat in black wool.

We finished reading Jenny and the Cat Club and The School for Cats and are now reading through The Hotel Cat.  I am still slowly reading The Little Village School.  I like it very much, but have had little time to read for pleasure.  This whole knitting thing crimps my reading style!  I am hoping to get a book light that I can use to read a few pages before I fall asleep.  The list of books that I want to read is growing and I refuse to start another before I finish this one!

What are you  knitting and reading?

3 comments:

Jane G Meyer said...

Don't forget about audio books! You can listen and knit at the same time :) Though sometimes silence is a lot better to listen to than... anything...

I'm always intrigued by your reading choices. Right now I'm reading The Scent of Holiness, just finished The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe with the little one, and am considering some Norse Myths next.

And no knitting. Just crocheted hats and a blanket for two separate babies... Love how you are learning so well, and sticking with the craft! Bravo!!!

sylvia said...

i hope your little man will love his new hat! i cannot read and knit at the same time, so i find myself debating in the evenings: read or knit, read or knit..

elizabeth said...

try audio books for sure... I need to get back to my reading... so cute about the littlest and his hat! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...