Wednesday, August 29

Yarn Along...



This week was an exciting one!  I finished my tenth waffle knit dishcloth and got to dip into yarn that I bought weeks ago!  Though I had planned to make twenty waffle knit dishcloths (we use them for everything!), I was getting a little tired of knitting them.  I finally did get into the groove with the pattern though and my tenth one was just as it should be! After I get some things off of my To Knit List, I think that I will return to knitting dishcloths to bulk up our supply.

One of our parishioners recently had a baby boy, so I decided that I wanted to make her a few Petite French Farmhouse Dishcloth Pattern No.1 washcloths.  I will complete the gift by getting a pretty bottle of baby soap to go along with them.  This yarn is wonderful!  It is Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine and is so silky and soft!  I started knitting with one strand of the yarn and found that I had the wrong sized needles, so I followed my sister's suggestion and just doubled the strand.  I was nervous that this would be confusing, but it isn't!  If we are ever blessed by another baby, I will be using this yarn to make tiny little things for for him or her to wear.

As for reading, I am re-reading my English Country Homes and Interiors that my mother gave me when she visited last month.  We also just finished More About Paddington on cd and are about to start These Happy Golden Years.  I am sad that the Little House series is coming to a close, but am already planning to listen to it again for Little Man's kindergarten year (which starts next Autumn!).

Come tell us what you are reading and knitting!

5 comments:

Woman of the House said...

Good for you with your knitting! I'm a beginner also. As for the Little House series, it is worthy of being read many, many times, so feel free to revisit it often! My kids loved it!

azwoolgirl said...

I love the waffle dishcloth and have made a few for my Mom. I have very fond memories of the Little House series ... my Mom read those too me over 40 years ago :)

Apseed said...

The first photo looks so cozy! You inspired me to make these waffle dishcloths:)

-Irina

Mistea said...

Wow your dish cloths are lovely all stacked up there.
Enjoy the reading.

Anonymous said...

I love dishcloths too and there is nothing as nice as a hand knit cloth in a bubble bath with you. Yours look lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...