Monday, August 13

Bathtime...




Baths in our house are a very serious affair!  Even in the summer months when there is a lot of water play (in the pool, at the beach, in puddles after a rainstorm, and with the hose!), our little ones really enjoy time to play and splash in the bathtub.  

Several years ago, after having the unwelcome surprise of finding mildew inside a rubber duck the babies were playing with in the tub, we moved to some unconventional bath toys.  Some of our favorites have included measuring spoons and cups, rocks, shells, natural sponges, and most recently some Schleich and Safari marine animals.  We have tried to keep only a few things to play with in the bath (there is such a thing as too much of a good thing, after all!).  The two favorites seem to be Mighty the Humpback Whale and Trumpet the Sperm Whale. 

 I joke with my friends that by the time that bedtime rolls around I am about five seconds from completely losing it.  Baths come at a point in the evening that I find if I can hang on to a just a little more patience, the evening goes just a little more smoothly.  I know that these moments with our little ones will be times that I look back on fondly and really it is only a few more years before I'll be leaving them to their own devices in the bathing department!  I'll miss the puddles of water on the bathroom floor, the toys in the bathtub and finding that there are no more clean washcloths in the basket because they really needed all ten for a game that they were playing!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

that's really nice! From what I have gathered from other Mom-friends, the time with making dinner and bedtime is the hardest...

hang in there; the days and years do go very quickly!

MamaBirdEmma said...

It is true that bedtime is the most difficult here, Elizabeth. I hope that I can turn my attitude around before my children are grown! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...