Tuesday, July 17

Mama Mead's Gluten Free Bakery...




Though our family is not gluten-free, I jumped at the chance to review the baked goods made by Mama Mead's, a bakery dedicated to making the gluten-free life sweet!  I have always enjoyed the photographs that Kyrie takes, and many of them contain the lovely cookies, quick breads, and other treats that she bakes for her family.  I know that it isn't easy to have food restrictions placed on one's family, but Kyrie has met the challenge beautifully by figuring out how to bake gluten-free sweets and by doing it well!  Here are some of the items that Kyrie offers (along with a little review by me):

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:  The Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies were the first treat that we pulled out of the box.  Honestly, my expectations were not terribly high.  I really only like cookies when they are fresh from the oven and I was a bit worried about how gluten-free cookies would taste.  My first thought as we opened the wrapper was that they were still soft and moist looking.  We all got a piece to try, took a bite, and WOW!  These are the best cookies that I have ever had!  They are moist and peanut buttery without being overpowering and the chocolate chips?  The perfect addition! 

Sea Salted Dulce de Leche Brownies:  Oh my!  I love brownies and Kyrie's Sea Salted Dulce de Leche Brownies did not disappoint!  These fudgy brownies are delicious!  They remind me of a truffle and the sea salt adds so much depth of flavor to the chocolate.  They are a perfect for a little mama pick-me-up in the afternoon! 

Ginger Molasses Cookies:  These spicy cookies remind me of autumn!  I can imagine coming indoors after a lovely afternoon outside in the cold, lighting a fire, and settling down with a stack of books, apple cider, and a plate of Ginger Molasses Cookies.  These flavorful cookies are mouth-watering! 

Everything Cookies:  Everything Cookies are made with oats, coconut, and chocolate chips...  basic ingredients from that can be found in most pantries, but they are truly something special!  They are a little crisper than the other cookies Kyrie offers, but that is just as an oatmeal cookie should be!

Mama's Original Granola:  I meant to eat this granola in a bowl with milk, but I nibbled on a bit straight out of the bag and didn't stop!  The flavor is sweet and savory at the same time and my absolute favorite part is that Kyrie's granola is chewy and not rock hard like other granolas that I have tried.  Also, this delicious granola is vegan!


::::

Kyrie is offering my readers a 10% discount on their orders from now until August 16th when they use the code  CHARMING10 





I do hope that you order something from Kyrie!  You will enjoy your treats so much!

6 comments:

Maria said...

This is great. We tried to put the children back on gluten two weeks ago and they fell apart completely, we are back to gluten free. I presume that these are not dairy free though.

Xenia Kathryn said...

Oh my... incredible! I'm not gluten-free, but most of my family members are. I'll keep her in mind, especially since she's fairly "local" :)

MA F said...

Oh we each got one of these cookies after Liturgy this week...the kids declared them "the best-est cookies ever!"
I thought so too!

MamaBirdEmma said...

Christmated in Coffeeland, I'll be coming to your coffee hour this Sunday! LOL!

MamaBirdEmma said...

Maria, I totally forgot that you need dairy-free, too! I know that the granola is vegan. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie added some dairy-free goodies to her website soon though!

Rebeca said...

I didn't know that Kyrie was doing this now! Sounds wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...