Saturday, March 31

Watching Little House...


For the past few months, the children and I have been enjoying an episode of Little House on the Prairie each evening (we've read through the first few books as well). I remember watching this show with my mother every afternoon before dinner. It's funny how the simple things are the ones that you have the fondest memories of. I am so glad that Little House is available on dvd so that we can enjoy it as a family. It's also fun to get Father John interested in it, too! The next challenge is to get him to watch Anne of Green Gables with me!

7 comments:

Joy said...

We've been watching these, too! :)

Jenny said...

These are on my wish list for family viewing. :) We've read the first book in the series aloud so far.

My husband has seen most of Anne of Green Gables. Usually, he starts reading while I'm watching and then he looks at his book less and less...haha! :)

Shana said...

My girls love Little House and enjoy playing it too. Since I have three girls we have our own Mary, Laura and Carrie :)

Please post if you get your husband to watch Anne. That is a big deal!

angelak said...

Funny thing, I just said to my husband last night "Are we going to Prince Edward Island someday?". And he said YES. Of course, it was just to please me. LOVE Anne of Green Gables.

Michelle M. said...

I recently tried to get my four year old to sit down and watch Anne of Green Gables with me. She wasn't into it very much. :) I'll try again another time. I think she would really enjoy Little House, so I need to share those with her.

I actually named my sister "Laura' when I was four years old. It was my favorite show.

Yarka said...

If you are a fan of the Anne series, you should take a look at Montgomery's Emily series!

Anna said...

my kids love these, and the waltons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...