Monday, February 13

Curls...



I was able to see some family at my sister's baby shower on Sunday and was so excited when my aunt told me all about a how she gets curly hair by simply washing it and wrapping it around a headband when it is damp, and sleeping on it. I'm not sure what video she watched to learn this technique, but here is one I found on YouTube. I tried it last night and really liked the results. I think that my hair was a little too wet when I wrapped it because it was still slightly damp this morning. Despite that, it is quite wavy (I did end up putting a little bit of mousse in to help hold the curl) and I am excited to try again tonight! I feel all dolled up! Has anyone else tried getting curls this way?

9 comments:

Empower Her Faith | AL said...

Wow that is awesome! I wanted to curl my hair this evening but couldn't. This looks simple and easy to try. I will try it too!!!

Jenny said...

I use that method to curl my hair sometimes! I also like foam rollers - both methods are easy to sleep on!

Mimi said...

I have curls always (and as a young person was so jealous of those of you with straight hair) but that looks cool ;)

Wenonah said...

I am sorry if this is a little random, but I was searching the internet for information on a painting I saw and really loved, and I found it on your sight posted on Thursday, November 29, in 2006. It is of the mother saying prayers with her child watching her. Do you happen to know any more info about the painting such as the title or painter? Thank you.

Wenonah said...

Sorry. That should be 2007.

MamaBirdEmma said...

Wenonah, I found it on a blog entitles Art and Faith. I haven't been able to locate it again on that blog, but I will keep looking.

MamaBirdEmma said...

Found it saved to my husband's computer! The artist's name is Dmitri Petrov and the title is: The Prayer of an Expectant Mother.

Hope that helps!

Wenonah said...

Thank you!

Helen said...

I tried this last night and loved the results! It's so easy to do and I was surprised that it was comfortable to sleep in, too. Thanks for the tip, Emma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...