Thursday, December 2

Learning Basket: Saint Nicholas...


Books
The Secret of Saint Nicholas
The Miracle of Saint Nicholas
The Baker's Dozen
The Legend of Saint Nicholas
Santa Who?

Activities
Create a Window Decoration
Make Cookies for Saint Nicholas Day using Saint Nicholas Cookie Cutter
Leave Shoes Out for Saint Nicholas Treats on the Evening of December 5th
Secretly Leave Presents for Neighbors

:::::

Hymn to Saint Nicholas
(to hear the tune, click HERE)

O who love Nicholas the saintly,
O who serve Nicholas the saintly,
Him will Nicholas receive,
And give help in time of need:
Holy Father Nicholas!

He who dwells in God's holy mansions,
Is our help on the land and oceans,
He will guard us from all ills,
Keep us pure and free from sins
Holy Father Nicholas!

Holy Saint, hearken to our prayer,
Let not life drive us to despair,
All our efforts shall not wane,
Singing praises to your name:
Holy Father Nicholas!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

St. Nicholas is such a special Saint! So wonderful that you can nurture the love of St. Nicholas to your children.

Blessed day to you!

Maria said...

Thank you for all of these good references! I hadn't seen these window decorations at St. Nicholas Center before and I really like them.

Aubri said...

I was just looking at the St. Nicholas cookie cutters on this website today and wished I'd gotten one sooner. Thanks for the recipe! This will be our first year to celebrate St. Nicholas Day. My oldest child is only two but I'm already finding it wearisome to "combat" the traditional Santa Claus "theology" which we have decided won't be a part of our Christmas tradition.

Elizabeth said...

I love how you are going to leave out secret gifts for the neighbors. I LOVE doing that. It is so much fun and leaves a sweet feeling in one's heart. :)

Stop by my blog for a Give-Away. I think your children's ages are good for the item I am giving.

Have a blessed day!
Elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...