Saturday, December 18

The Christmas Miracle of Johnathan Toomey...


In early November, we spent some time in Barnes and Noble (our son loves to play with the Thomas the Tank Engine table there) and I gathered up a few books to read while we were there. One of the was, The Christmas Miracle of Johnathan Toomey. I instantly loved the book and decided then and there that it would be the Christmas book I chose to add to our collection this year.

I was so happy when I read on Maria's blog that there was a good movie based on the book that she and her family really enjoyed. I ordered the book and the movie and today was the day that we sat down to read and watch as a family. We rounded out the afternoon by digging out our beautiful Willow Tree Nativity Set and setting it up on the mantle. I predict that this will be an annual tradition!

I wish that this movie was available for me to show you in it's entirety... it is that good! I will have to settle for the trailer and hope that you will be able to get your hands on a copy soon!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

This is DS1's favorite Christmas book! I can't tell you how many times we've read it over the past few years! We have a recording of it as well read by James Earl Jones. I'll have to find one for you. Off to check out the movie!

Courtney said...

Never mind! I see your copy of the book has the CD too. I wasn't sure if the new editions came with it. Ours was passed down from my mother from teaching days. Enjoy!

MamaBirdEmma said...

I listened to the cd for only a second or two, but I know that it will be a favorite!

~olga said...

Oh it seems so wonderful! I have never heard of this book or movie before and now I can't wait to read/see both of them :) Thank you for passing it along, Matushka.

I Live in an Antbed said...

We have loved this book for a long time! I rarely make it through without crying as I read it to the children. We did not know there was a movie! Thank you for the info!

Michelle M. said...

We definitely need to pick up a copy of that. It looks wonderful.

Aubri said...

I love this Willow Tree Nativity set. My mother has given me pieces of it through the years. I think I now have the entire collection. I'm looking forward to putting mine out soon. I just wish I had a mantle to put it on and keep little curious hands from getting to it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...