Thursday, October 28

Shepherd's Pie...

.:Not very photogenic, is it?:.

Shepherd's Pie is one of my very favorite meals. It is warm, comforting, and feels like home to me. I make it the way mom my mom did when I was a little girl: Ground beef sauteed with a chopped onion and spread in an oven-proof baking dish once it is cooked and loads of homemade mashed potatoes layered on top. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for half an hour and you are good to go! My mom always made beef gravy with sauteed mushrooms to drizzle on top... yum, yum, yum!

What is your favorite meal?

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Nice! Sounds yummy! I made a chicken curry this week with a store bought curry mango sauce, a bit of mango, a zuchinni, yellow bell pepper and some green snap peas and chicken... (cooked the chicken in sauce first and then added all other ingred and cooked while the basmati rice was also cooking). Turned out well!

Michelle M. said...

I love shepherd's pie, but have only ever made it once, probably because I don't ever think to make it.

My favorite thing to make is MY homemade lasagna. It is amazing, in my *humble* opinion :) I need to put the recipe on my blog at some point.

Michelle said...

I adore Shepherds Pie. I am still perfecting mine, but yours looks so tasty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...