Tuesday, October 5

Candlelight...


During the seasons of autumn and winter, we love to light candles in the evening. The flicker of candlelight adds so much warmth and coziness to our home! The past few years, I have purchased beeswax tapers from our church and pillar candles and votives from wherever I could find them. I was happy t o discover that Saint Zosima Church Supply, the company that my husband purchases the church candles from, also carries votives for a very reasonable price.
I am looking forward to lighting a few tonight to ward off the chill...

3 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

How lovely! I just put some beeswax tapers up on the mantle and I can smell them every time I walk by. Mmmm.

And I wanted to let you know that your blog is lovely!

http://prayingwithmyfeet.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-lovely-blog.html

amy said...

We love candlelight all through the year, but you're so right, it is especially nice as the days grow shorter. I also like the electric pillar candles (some are warmly scented with vanilla) to leave on during the night. It's an effective nightlight and peaceful to wake and see them gently illuminating the icons.

Michelle M. said...

Thanks for linking to this. The store is not too far from where I grew up in NY. We are heading back and Thanksgiving, and I am going to see if I can pick up some candles while I am there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...