Tuesday, August 10

Two Month Well Check...

.:Handmade Scrapbook by Mimi!:.

We had the baby's two month well check doctor visit today. Since we began breastfeeding around August 1st, the baby had gained one pound! Wow! He now weighs 8 pounds, 3 ounces and is 20 and a half inches long! Our little Button is very healthy and growing well. He can hold his head up pretty well now and turn it from side to side whether he is on his back or on his tummy. He is breastfeeding better each day. We are still struggling with reflux, but based on Little Man's experience, I tend to think that this will be something that we have to deal with for quite awhile (Little Man still throws up at the drop of a hat). We are so excited for the baptism on the 16th!

7 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Wonderful!! I can't believe he is so big!

And "Button" is cute. (c;

elizabeth said...

That's great! He is doing so well! And how nice of Mimi to give you that book!

Michelle said...

He is such a little champ!

Mimi said...

Yay, it arrived!
And, Button is perfect!

Knocked Up and Nursing said...

The doctors thought that my daughter had GERD for awhile and wanted to do all these invasive tests. My husband and I felt as though something was telling us to not do them. We trusted that and tried some different breastfeeding postitions. low and behold, I have overactive let down (my milk literally sprays into the back of my babies throats and they have to struggle to swallow). This was solved by nursing laying down on my side. Also works well if you co-sleep!

MamaBirdEmma said...

Thanks for the tip, KU&N! We are fortunate that our doctor isn't big on pumping the kids full of meds at the drop of a hat. He suggested elevating the head of his bed and holding him upright after he's eaten. Since we are co-sleeping a lot of the time (the rest of the time he is in the co-sleeper so that is elevated), I just try to prop him up on my chest after he's eaten if we are in bed. I know that I do have an overactive let down on one side and I am trying so hard to teach the baby how to nurse while lying down... it is so much easier at night!!

Michelle M. said...

What great news about his growth! We struggled with some of the same things, and the holding the baby upright after nursing did make a big difference for us. We were told her hold him upright for 30 minutes after nursing. The mei tai (or any other baby carrier, not sling) would be perfect for that. I hope this doesn't last long for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...