Friday, June 18

Friday's Feminine Tip: The Small Things...

As a mother of little ones, it seems that there is little time for doing much more than the basic things around the house and with the children. I joke with my friends that either the children are happy and entertained, or the house is spotless and good meals are cooking away on the stove, or I am well groomed and dressed... none of these things can ever happen all at once! :)

Recently, every few days I try to think of something to do for my husband and each of our children to show them how much I love them. The things that I choose to do for them are simple and inexpensive and don't take a lot of time to execute. I try to think about each of the people that I am doing something for and what they like and try to plan accordingly. This week, I made my husband two of his favorite dinners (Shrimp Scampi and clams over pasta with garlic lemon sauce), I played a few board games with our daughter and also painted her toenails, and cooked with Little Man (which he loves to do!) and let him play and splash in our kitchen sink to his heart's content! All of these things were easy to do (though some of them were hard to think of with my foggy baby brain!) and made my little family so happy.

Doing little things for my family doesn't mean that I skip myself! I try to do things for our home and for myself that will make things easier and better around here. Earlier this week, I began going to the hospital for our baby boy's 8am feeding. Before I go to bed each night, I lay out my clothes and all of the things I will need for the hospital. It's a small thing, but makes things so much easier in the morning! I've just been keeping up with the bare minimum as far as housekeeping goes, but every few days I freshen up or organize a small area of our home. Yesterday, I put out a few of our summer decorations which spruced things up and made me feel more like myself again. It was kind of unnecessary, but it's about the little things, right?

What feminine things have you been up to lately?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I, too, have been trying to take time out to do little things for my family. I'm glad you're taking time out for yourself. When our little guy was in the NICU, I forgot to do that! Very important! As for feminine things, I've been trying to add as many fresh flowers to our home as possible. It really freshens up the home, and is so simple and easy to do!

Lucy said...

Nothing! But you are a sweet inspiration and maybe next week I will do better.

Kh. Patty said...

Even with MY baby brain, I've been managing a shower almost every day, doing my hair, and adding a teeny tiny bit of make-up: combed hair, and Mascara and some lip glass do wonders for making me feel normal. And I think my family appreciates a normal-looking/feeling Mama too. ;)

Kh. Patty said...

Oh, and I've been doing the flower thing too. I'm splitting up those $5 supermarket bouquets of flowers into about five bud vases throughout the house. The flowers are in more than one room, and the cats don't seem to notice them the way they do in one big vase. :)

Kate said...

Mostly breast feeding and trying to show my 2 year old daughter that she is not forgotten since the baby came.

www.mominapocket@aol.com said...

I have been transitioning my wardrobe to skirts instead of pants or capris. Not only does it look better but in 90+ degree weather, it makes more sense!

Shana said...

I am going back through your Femininity tips. They are absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for these snip-its of wisdom. God is using you in a might way.

Blessings,
Shana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...