Thursday, June 17

Day 12 in the NICU...

Our littlest love is doing very well in the NICU. He is now officially back to his birth weight of 4 pounds and is nearly out of the isolette and into an open air crib. The doctor decided to keep him in the incubator longer than he really needed to, so that he could continue to grows well without working hard to keep his temperature up. We are also breast or bottle feeding him for four of his eight feedings (he still gets tube fed the other four times). Thankfully, my milk came in a few days after he was born and now I am producing lots (as in 25+ ounces per day! Way more than he needs!). The gameplan is for him to come home around the thirty-five week mark (June 30th).

The rest of our family is hanging in there. The children are doing very well... we have pretty much been able to keep them in their routine the past two weeks which really helps things. Fr John has been enormously helpful with everything (and he's even painted the downstairs rooms!)! I am pretty tired (even more than I was with Little Man), though I feel well physically. I think that the tiredness is stemming from no naps (I go to the hospital when the children rest) and from late nights and early mornings (due to pumping and early risers). Unfortunately, the first things to get bumped when I am feeling so worn out is blogging and e-mailing... hopefully I'll have lots of good things to post which will encourage me to turn on the computer! Please continue to keep us in your prayers!

11 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Blogging and e-mails can wait-- no pressure here! You rest as much as you can, you hear? :)

You all remain in my prayers!!! Take care!

Matushka Anna said...

Thank you for the update. I do hope you will get a little rest here and there. June 30th is not that far off!

Continued prayers.

elizabeth said...

My continued love and prayers! It is hard to be so tired! Glad you are feeing well other than this however. Hang in there; this is not an easy time, with family and home and in the NICU.

Very neat that Fr. John did that painting for you and family!

Keep us posted as you can and know that you and family are loved!

Michelle M. said...

THanks for the update!! I am so glad that he is doing well and will pray that he is able to come home at the end of the month. What a blessing that would be!

Elizabeth J. said...

My prayers for your sweet family...

Bethany Hudson said...

Bless you, Emily! We're praying hard for your family, and it seems that you're handling everything with a lot of grace.

Matushka said...

Matushka, take good care of yourself. We'll all be waiting here for you when you have time!

Prayers for you all!
M.Michelle

Courtney said...

I was worried you weren't getting any rest! I hope you can snatch a little time this weekend. So glad the little one continues to do well.

Anonymous said...

Praying for opportunities to rest. I'm so glad to hear that the baby is doing so well.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is doing well and you have an idea of when he'll come home! I had my own little man on June 15th (37 weeks) and he is doing well, too. Prayers continue!

leah said...

I'm so happy to hear that your youngest one is doing well. You are such a good mother, but do take care of yourself, Matushka. You and your family continue to be in our prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...