Tuesday, May 4

Inspired...


I have been reading Like Mother, Like Daughter for awhile now, and find myself inspired with each new post. Today's reminded me that we had several child-level icon corners (and for that matter, prints of fine art at their level) on the walls of our old home and I have just not thought about putting anything up in this new house. After reading Auntie Leila's inspiring post, I dug out the box with all of our wee icons, dusted them off and have them ready for Fr John to help me decide where they should go. In the meantime, I put the children's patron saints on the windowsills above their beds and got out some old spice jars to put flowers in. We found a patch of purple clover on our walk yesterday and our pink begonia from January is still going strong. A sprig of parsley from our potted herb garden rounded the tiny bouquet out and I am so happy that we have icons for the little ones to enjoy once again!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Nice! Icons are such blessings to have in the house...

magda said...

We have most of our icons accessible for Teddy, but one of my favorite ideas was putting together his "Jesus book." I got a little photo album at Target for about a dollar, and put in dozens of little icons, including the paper ones which I didn't know what else to do with. It's essential for our diaper bag, and he loves looking through it in church. He can now also name quite a few saints, although "Haralambos" loses a few syllables.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...