Friday, September 18

House Tour: Family Closet...

So, we've lived here two weeks and today was the day we finally got to fill and use our closet for the first time! Two days after we moved in, the little ones had a bath in the tub upstairs and there was a large leak that drained through the ceiling of our master bedroom closet! It was a huge mess and necessitated a plumber (who found out the problem was cause by a leaky pipe repaired with electrical tape!) and the service of a dry wall man. We are back in business now and I am so happy that our room looks tidy again!

This closet is actually our only closet downstairs, so it is home for quite a lot! We have our linens in here, storage, suitcases, coats, cassocks and other priest gear, dress-ups, games, and of course clothing!

These little hangers will soon hold children's clothing


Here is our side with my clothes, Fr John's shirts and priest clothing, and our coats (I'll get a better photo tomorrow)


I will probably move some of the toys upstairs to the loft (which has a small closet) when we create the reading nook up there. My favorite part of this closet is the dress-up corner though, so I think that will stay! Eventually, I'd like to add another shelf or two to the closet to make use of some of the wall space.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Where did you find the wire cart and shelf? I've been on the lookout for something like that for a while. I have one I found at Target, but it's twice as wide and no wheels.

MamaBirdEmma said...

I found the cart at Target within the past two years and the shelf is from Fr John's seminary days (I think!), so I have no idea where he got that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...