Tuesday, July 21

Dinner Date...

For the past few months, Fr John and I have been enjoying one or two dinner dates at home each week. With two little ones, meal time can be chaotic, so our solution has been to enjoy a couple of dinners a week together once the children are in bed. We've kept things relatively simple: dinner and a movie or television show at the coffee table or dinner at the kitchen table while we chat. One thing that I'd love to do is string twinkle lights on the screened in porch and eat there. I am glad that we've been doing this because it is such fun to look forward to it during the day and plan out how to make it special. I do have to say that it doesn't take much... my husband is an easy man to please!

What do you do for your date nights? Let's share some ideas!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well, I must admit that I haven't done this kind of thing in a long time. I really need to do something like this more often. My children are older and go to bed later now than they use to, but I'm thinking that I could fix them a meal on the dinner table, once a week, and then fix up a picnic for Mark and me to be eaten out back under the apple tree. That is simple, cost effective and would allow us some time together.

Thanks for the idea!
Elizabeth

Courtney said...

We are dessert people. Selfish because we don't like to share the "good ice cream" or fancy bakery cookies, so our dates are dessert dates! :-p

Lauren S. said...

i'm so glad our kids go to bed early enough for my dh and i to hang out for at least an hour each night. of course we have one little nursling, but sometimes he'll even go to sleep for awhile in his cosleeper so we can watch a movie and snack a bit. sometimes we listen to podcasts together too. or just read. a comfort and delight.

h west said...

I have to say, I've never been into the whole 'date night' thing. I'm not sure why it's the latest thing to do. Can you imagine Moses and Sarah feeling the need for a 'date night'? I'm always a wet blanket when it comes to this sort of thing. . .

Anonymous said...

We really need to make an effort to do this. As our family has grown it has become very easy to neglect our time together. And since the strength of the parents' relationship influences the children, it's very important. If anything it's important to make sure we're making an effort to set aside time to talk without being interrupted. Date night at home would work best for us since I have a nursing baby. Good idea.

faerieeva said...

We were actually just planning on setting up a movie night for ourselves once a week....

Michelle M. said...

We've been saying that we need to do something like this for years... maybe after our little one is born, we can get into some kind of routine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...