Tuesday, July 28

Blueberry Buckle...

We really like this moist cake topped with sweet and crisp crumbs. It is delicious for breakfast, a special snack, and even dessert!

Ingredients:

Cake
1/4 cup Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
1 Egg
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Milk
2 cups Blueberries, rinsed

Topping
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Method:

Cream 1/4 cup butter with sugar; add egg and beat well. In a medium bowl, sift together 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Add sifted dry ingredients to butter mixture alternating with milk, beating until smooth. Fold in blueberries.

Pout into a greased 9" square baking pan. For topping, combine ingredients and blend well to form crumbs. Sprinkle topping crumbs over batter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Yum! Thanks

Fiona said...

Hi Emma, I am so keen to make this, it looks delicious! I'm sure my husband will think so too. In the cake ingredients where you have 2/4 cup of sugar, is that 1/2 cup? I just haven't seen it written that way before and wanted to make sure. Many thanks! Fiona

MamaBirdEmma said...

Thanks for pointing that out, Fiona! I make typos all of the time, but this one could have made things difficult for a lot of people!

Gina said...

Hi Emma: I wanted to let you know that I made this cake and it was absolutely delicious. Dangerous really, because I've could've polished off the whole thing by myself. This one is definitely going in my recipe book. Thanks for sharing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...