Tuesday, December 30

The Sixth Day of Christmas...

The final member of the Deer Family (and our last Ostheimer figure for the year) joined her family today

We enjoyed a few HOURS of train playtime with Papa... this photo is deceptive, because it was taken after we came home from a very hasty trip to a nearby store to purchase a few little tracks we wanted to make a figure eight track configuration. We came out with a huge Thomas the Tank Engine playset to go with the tracks we already had. Papa got a little too excited and went all out for his little ones. After unpacking the box and seeing how overwhelmed our two and a half year old was and how complicated the tracks and bridges were getting ( I don't think that my husband ever had a train set when he was little!), we packed away the huge set to return tomorrow and have decided to just stick with the simple oval track, and collapsing bridge we originally had.

I am really enjoying the lights we have around our front door. It is the first time I have ever had lights outside. I like it so much that I may keep it up all winter. Is that weird?

7 comments:

Miss A said...

Nooooo Emma! Do it!!! It's not weird at all!!! It's so lovely...beautiful job!

Miss A said...

P.S. I'm referring to the lights around your door, in case you're wondering!

Pres. Kathy said...

The door looks beautiful!

Courtney said...

The door looks great, and I don't think there's anything weird about keeping the lights up-- especially during these cold, dark days!

As for the train set, we had the same problem with it overwhelming our toddler (and me, frankly). That's why everything went away for a few years. We're just sticking with the actual train for now! Although, just one simple oval and bridge does sound manageable until he learns to do more building himself. I'll have to rethink that!

faerieeva said...

*chuckles* Joseph's grandfather is already talking about next year unpacking and setting up the big trainset he did when Joseph's dad was younger. I am looking forward to seeing the three of them crowd around the tracks.

A Little Of A Lot said...

I don't think it's weird to keep lights up through the winter.
Victoria and I were just talking today about how we would love to keep our tree up longer this year and Ben thought that the white tree I purchased yesterday for the kitchen was going to go up there as a Winter tree, so no not weird at all. We're all in good company ;-)

magda said...

My mother liked the way my father did the lights around their door one year, they left them up to be porch lights. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...