Thursday, June 26

Your Opinions, Please...



I was so thankful for all of your window covering suggestions in my post about our newly fixed up front room (we are now calling it the Reading Room, if you please!). Several people commented on the fact that roman shades would work nicely. Since we already had an abundance of sheers (that were too short!), I decided to go with Matushka Michelle's suggestion of making faux shades.

What do you think? Should I finish or improve things in any way? I need some advice!

9 comments:

Dianna said...

I think you should keep going!

Mary Jo said...

I love the sheers. I would add swags above them to add color to the windows.

Betsie said...

I would put a pull on each side instead of one in the middle. If you look at the Pottery Barn catalog or website, they have great roman shades that are super easy to copy. I like this idea! Very pretty!

Miss G said...

I think it looks very pretty! Kelly

Jen said...

I would probably drape some fabric over the rods to create a swag, and perhaps even hang tassels off the middle of the rouche. Have you checked out The Nester? You will get heaps of window 'mis-treatment' ideas there. http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/

Matushka said...

Very nice! I would live with this and change it when you want a new look. My husband is always cracking up because I am always changing things around (using stuff already have).

You might want to roll them up a bit if it prevents the light from coming in.

Lovely house!

M. Michelle

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I would add something to the top for a little color. Good job.

Elizabeth said...

Don't you just love sheers? Your windows are beautiful! Great job. What a lovely room it is. Don't you just love to be in it?

Elizabeth G.

martha said...

I think it looks very nice, clean, and summery. Maybe in the dull of winter you'll find some decorative fabric to drape across the tops. Until then, I love this look for this season.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...