Thursday, June 26

Our Mother of God Garden...






Since we are renting, we can't really make permanent changes to our yard. We've always had a container garden and this year went with the theme of a "Mary Garden." I found a couple of links that helped us to choose the plants that we wanted. After a a lot of help from our first born under- gardener we have a little Mother of God Garden to call our own! I wrote the name of the plant on one side of each of our plant markers and flipped it over and wrote the meaning on the other. We planted:
  • Marigolds
  • Calla Lilies
  • Day Lilies
  • Rosemary
  • Foxglove
  • Impatiens
  • Begonias
  • Ferns
  • Geraniums
  • English Ivy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice garden here, to which I am sure you will enjoy all summer long. Have a blessed day/ night its good to see you back and keeping us updated on all the fun things in your life

Konstantina said...

I like that you thought to make even the little things in/outside of your home Orthodox and in honour of the Most Holy Theotokos. Your little garden is a blessing for you and your family to enjoy all summer and also a little gift to the Virgin Mary who is the "wood of leafy branches whereby many are sheltered".

Anonymous said...

Emma, this is wonderful! I have always wanted to plant a Mary Garden but have not tried because we rent as well. Your planters are lovely and I'm sure this garden in honor of Our Lady will bless your family. I may have to adapt your idea to our patio!

Lucy said...

How beautiful! I have never thought of that idea. I like how you used an icon. I keep pining for a statue, but I could use an icon instead and it would work better, I think.

Courtney said...

It came out really well! I love container gardening.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What a lovely garden in honour of the Theotokos !

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful idea. I wish I was more of a gardener. Maybe I'll try this out next summer.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most attractive and inspiring posts I've seen anywhere - thankyou :)
[Valerie]

Unknown said...

How lovely! I'd love to see what the meanings of each of these plants are.

mind.it said...

Much thanks for this valuable article. I like it. BonsaiTreeGardener

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...