Saturday, January 5

The Twelve Days of Christmas...

Since we seem to be part of the rare few who hold off putting up Christmas decorations until about the 20th of December and then wait to take them down until at least January 6th (Theophany or Epiphany), I was pleasantly surprised to see this post on the Twelve Days of Christmas. I plan on printing it out and putting it into one of my boxes of Christmas decorations so that I can remember that I want to begin to really celebrate each of the twelve days of Christmas next year!

5 comments:

Mimi said...

What a lovely post. I just picked up a pan-Christian cook book with recipes for the Liturgical year and plan to incorporate a lot of the festal eating next year.

Hapve a wonderful Theophany!

Courtney said...

Thanks for the link. We're taking our tree down tomorrow. We put the ornaments away last weekend when someone became intent on removing them for us, but we've left the lights and angel on until now. :-)

Anonymous said...

I have blogged about our 12 days of Christmas this year. We have had a wonderful time.

In another forum, we were discussing whether the 1st day of Christmas was on the 25th and the 12 day on the 5th of Jan. or if the 1st day began the evening of the 25th (the "day" beginning in the evening and lasting until the evening of the next day) and the 12th day beginning the evening of the 5th and ending on the 6th. I have always know the 1st day to be the 25th.

What do you do?

Either way--I can still wish you a Merry Christmas!

MamaBirdEmma said...

Hi Jean!

Good Question!

Liturgically, we celebrate Christmas beginning with Vespers on the evening of the 24th and so the first day of Christmas is Christmas Day itself.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!
Jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...