Thursday, January 3

Good Ideas in My Inbox...

I signed up for Martha's e-mailed newsletters and was happy to find this great list in my inbox this afternoon. Though I am still trying to figure out how to do more than just feed, clothe, and care for two children in my day, these ideas will be great to implement when I can!

Now is a great time to organize and make a fresh start. Get into the habit of completing these basic tasks each day -- with just a few minutes of work, you can keep chaos at bay.
1. Make the bed

2. Manage clutter

3. Sort the mail

4. Maximize your time in the kitchen: Wash pots and dishes or put them in the dishwasher as you prepare a meal.

5. Wipe up spills while they're fresh: It is faster and easier to remove almost anything if you attend to it immediately.

6. Sweep the kitchen floor each night

4 comments:

nannykim said...

Yup, organization really is a matter of habit, isn't it?!

Courtney said...

#4 is a biggie for me. I always keep a sink of hot, soapy water so I can wash up as I go. After a meal, I don't want to spend time cleaning up the kitchen. I need to be better about #6, though. Goes along with #4-- by the time supper is over I don't want to do ANYTHING else!

Nikki said...

How is that new baby doing? You haven't posted much about him. How is life with two children? I'm anxious to hear since I will have my second in just a few weeks.

Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

I have had a card in my desk drawer for about 20 year now that lists my daily "to do's"....

1. Make Beds
2. Load & Run Dishwasher
3. Clean Counter Tops & Table
4. Straighten Clutter
5. Empty Wastebaskets & Garbage
6. Sweep And/Or Light Vacuum

It has always worked well for me, especially when all four of my kids were little.

I also have cards for weekly, monthly, and semi-annual housecleaning. They were made up by combining ideas from an old book written by Lillian Gilbreth (of Cheaper By the Dozen fame) and the SLOB sisters.

Sometimes having things written down is the thing you need to help getting everyday, routine things done around the house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...