Monday, January 7

Book Club: The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage...

Preface

In the preface of the book, The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage, the author recounts the story of The Gift of the Magi by O'Henry to illustrate the point that when we love someone, we focus on their needs rather than our wants.

Discussion:
Can you think of a time in your life when your spouse gave you exactly what you needed at the expense of their wants or desires?

Homework:
Read (or re-read) The Gift of the Magi to get yourself in the mood to give to your spouse.

Extra Credit:
Read The Wife by Washington Irving to get more inspiration in the giving and good attitude department.

3 comments:

MamaBirdEmma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

Honestly my husband gives me daily at the expense of his wants.

I wish I was as virtuous!

Anonymous said...

My dear husband works two jobs so that I can stay at home to raise our children and keep our home. Gill.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...