How do these women do it? How can they take items with humble beginnings and make them into the most desirable of creations?
Simply put, these women celebrate beauty, charm, and loveliness in everything they see. They relish each and every sense they come in contact with during their day. No experience is unworthy to them! They practice greeting everyday happenings with joy.
In her book The Woman You Want to Be, Margery Wilson list several ways in which we can become lovely quickly and regain a joyful innocence in our lives:
- ...Cultivate the acquaintance of some deep and lovely mind- some woman whom you admire, some man whose life as been full and rich and mellow, some graceful and charming girl. It may be a neighbor's daughter grown now to a natural, uncanny poise, instinctivly being a high type regardless of environment. It may be a child, a teacher, a minister, or some new friend.
- Have no traffic with pessimists. Remember a pessimist never built a bridge- he knows all the reasons it couldn't be done
- Dislike no one- even someone who has injured you- or whom you have injured!
- Don't think too much of your own failures. Every bright person has at least one eating frustration, one agony of unfulfilment. This state of affairs cannot be prevented. I shouldn't like to be so dull that my mind did not race ahead of my performance.
- Drink in beauty and charm from every possible source.