Friday, March 2

You can take the teacher out of the classroom...


... but you can't take the classroom out of the teacher! Every year that I taught, I would decorate my classroom for the seasons rather than the specific holidays. I have a schedule that I followed very carefully for my decorating: September 1st - all harvest decor went up, December 1st - all winter things went up, and March 1st - Spring decorations went up.

Since yesterday was March 1st, I gathered up all of our "Let it Snow" banners, snowmen, snowflakes, wintry candles, etc. and put out some spring-like replacements. Now, to get the weather to cooperate with my schedules!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Old habits die hard, don't they? We could use some signs of spring around here with all the snow on the ground!

MamaBirdEmma said...

Hi Courtney!

I found myself perusing the "teaching" aisle at Staples the other day while waiting for my husband to finish photocopying his bullitens. OY! I think that our baby is in for a rough few pre-school years! I hope that I can restrain myself! :)

Love,
Emma

Alicia said...

Smiling. I was thinking it was time for that today. Of course, here in the South it's actually been feeling like spring quite a bit lately.

TheNormalMiddle said...

very true indeed. I still wear my "teacher themed sweaters" every now and again. My husband just laughs. When I was teaching I had one special embroidered sweater for almost every holiday. My kindergartners loved that stuff.

Anonymous said...

So true. The most difficult part of homeschooling my children is to get that "classroom" out of me. lol. We are looking forward to spring too - and watching 18 inches of snow melt.
I enjoy your blog!
Blessings,
Lisa

MamaBirdEmma said...

Though I definitely don't miss going to work and teaching other people's children, I miss doing the teacher-y type things: planning the work, decorating, loving up the unloved..., etc. I'll just have to store it all up for my little chicks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...