Sunday, November 12

Femininity Challenge - Sunday...

Today has been a gloriously rainy day! After church, my husband had a parish council meeting scheduled. Though it took a bit more time than we expected, it was well worth it... many things were resolved and Father John is happy and very hopeful!
Once we came home, we had a lunch of ham sandwiches and watched an episode of the PBS show, Manor House. Before the baby and I went to take an afternoon nap, I decided to make two steaming cups of hot chocolate. I topped each with baby marshmallows and we drank them right down! This delicious drink looked great in our white mugs... I think that this just might be a new Sunday afternoon treat for our little family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen all of Manor House? I rented it from the library and found it very interesting.

MamaBirdEmma said...

I've seen bits and pieces of it, Mrs. R. Since our library has all of the dvds, I think that I'll borrow them. It seems like it is a good show. I really liked Frontier House! I wish that our library had the other dvds in this series!

Emma

Anonymous said...

I loved Frontier House! There is also 1800's House and one about a Texas Ranch (wow, the wife on that one!)There is also one that I've only seen part of where the girls are supposed to be looking for husbands like they did in Victorian times.

With Manor house I think I remember bad language and some nudity. I was shocked by how quickly the family of the house turned into snobs and how their son suffered because kids were separated from their parents a lot back then. The servants worked non-stop. It was a hard life for them.

They actually bring an older woman who worked in that house and she shares what it was like. The ladies suffered a lot at the hands of the men servants. She was locked in a closet one time by one male servant for hours.

Well, I could go on much more, but I'll stop here : )

MamaBirdEmma said...

I would love to see the other shows in this series, Mrs. R.! We haven't had a hance to finish Manor House, but I am really looking forwrd to it... from what we saw, it looked great. Unfortunatly, there seems to be bad language and nudity on many shows these days. It is unfortunate, becasue often times it is completly unnecessary!

Emma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...