Tuesday, November 14

Femininity Challenge - Monday...

Yesterday was a bit cloudy with rain showers off and on, but that didn't deter me from taking the baby for a long Fall walk. As we ambled along the roads around our home, the smells of a cool, autumn day were all around us. Someone was warding off the chill by using their fireplace and we enjoyed the scent. We were so worn out by our walk, that we took a catnap once we returned.

As far as domestic femininity is concerned, I have been trying to prepare colorful and filling meals. Last night's dinner was mozzarella crusted chicken, sweet potatoes, buttered peas, and cranberry sauce. We enjoyed eating it at a nicely set table! I hope that I can keep this up when Lent arrives tomorrow!

I have been trying to give myself a spritz of my favorite honeysuckle perfume each day... It is nice to smell that springtime fragrance every so often.

I forgot to mention that I successfully wore my 'church' clothes all day on Sunday... that was a feat for me because I love cuddling up in warm slob clothes (as my dad calls them) on rainy days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a very colorful meal. It is nice to eat at a nicely set table.

Anonymous said...

Yes I love to cuddle up in 'slob clothes' too. But I did manage to stay in feminine clothes Sunday and Monday all day!

MamaBirdEmma said...

It certainly was a colorful meals, Mrs. R.! Now that I look back on what I served, I'm not sure that it all "went" together... It tsted good to me though!

*Sigh* I need to find an feminine alternative to slob clothes, Mrs. Blythe! Any ideas? They need to be soft, cuddly, and warm... not restrictive at all! This is a real quandry for me! I welcome any suggestions!

Emma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...