Friday, October 13

A Woman's Crowning Glory...

"There is more old-wivery and hocus-pocus on the subject of hair than you could read in years."
Better Than Beauty: A Guide to Charm


My hair is a complete and utter disaster. It is in desperate need of a trim! The part that looks the worst, however, are my bangs. Their sad state cannot be disguised in a messy bun! Unfortunatly, there is not much I can do until I find a hair dresser near our new home. I must remember to investigate this!

On a brighter note, I have begun to use John Frieda's Luminous Color Glaze in Amber to Maple. I have noticed that it does give my hair a nice glossy sheen and the smell is great! The John Frieda website has a great deal of interesting things on it as well as a place to sign up for special offers and promotions. http://www.johnfrieda.com/index.asp

7 comments:

Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

I have very fine yet curly hair (worst combo in the world!! The knots alone!! ackk). I always thought shampoo didn't matter much that good hair was all in the conditioner, but my mom gave me two huge bottles of Matrix Biolage Hydrotherapie Shampoo and it has done incredible things for my hair!! Made it shiny and full and frizz free!! I don't usually put any products in my hair and I don't even own a hairdryer...with this shampoo I don't even need any other help!! And a tip..when buying beauty products check on Amazon.com!! I got the shampoo for considerably less money than in a salon and I got free shipping!

MamaBirdEmma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MamaBirdEmma said...

Hi Jamie!

I love your tip about buying from Amazon! It also helps to get reviews about products I've seen and wondered about... Matrix Biolage sounds great! What's the smell like (in the bottle and once your hair is dry?)... I like floral smells rather than fruity/coconut ones.

Love,
Emma

Mrs.Garcia said...

Emma,Thank you for the link to John Frieda website.
I have recieved samples in the past.
I have very thick hair and I am a natural brunette. I have a hard time managing my hair as well. I tried the sample of John Frieda yesterday and my hair is so much softer and looks so much better.
Mrs.Garcia

Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

Hmm, I am not sure how to describe the smell. I know I find it refreshing in the morning when I open the lid. It isn't fruity like coconut, but is like a citrusy flowery smell. I will smell it tonight and report back for sure though because I never took note of if it was more florally or fruity.

My hair is dry now and it never smells like anything to me, but people always tell me my hair smells nice. I guess I am just used to it!

MamaBirdEmma said...

Hi Mrs. Garcia!

I'm glad that you found your John Frieda samples to be so effective! Personally, I love samples! Have you ever been to the beauty store, Sephora?! It is sample heaven!

Love,
Emma

MamaBirdEmma said...

Hey Jamie!

Thank you for the report on the shampoo... I am really looking forward to testing it out:) BTW, I am loving your blog and all the pictures! Keep 'em coming!

Love,
Emma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...